How To Be Productive – 7 Kickass Ways to Make Your Life More Productive
Want to know how to be productive? Perfect! Here are 7 kickass ways to make your life more productive, so you can use your time wisely every day.
Let’s be honest time often feels limited to us and in some ways it is.
No one can create time. Everyone is limited to 24 hours each day.
You can only make the most of the time you have each day.
So ask yourself now:
How well do you use your time?
How much do you accomplish each day?
Imagine how your life would transform if you were significantly more productive.
How would that affect your bank account and your life overall?
The power to be more productive is within your grasp if you follow these 7 simple steps:
1 – Know your goals.
It’s hard to be productive if you’re not 100% clear on your objective.
That means knowing what you’re trying to accomplish over the next hour, day, week, month, year, or even several years out.
What do you actually want to DO with your time?
How do you really want to SPEND the time you have at your disposal?
- Each time you decide how you’re going to spend your time, you’re either making progress toward something important or you’re not. Even if you’re making progress, are you sure you’re making progress toward the right thing?
2 – Have a plan.
Try a little experiment.
For the next week, avoid going to bed until you’ve made a fairly detailed plan of what you’re going to do the next day.
Plan out your day instead of waking up in the morning and trying to figure it out on the fly.
- Did you notice a difference in how much more you get done? Did you find things fell into place more easily? Here’s what you need to know. Plans are nothing, planning is everything. An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing.
- That’s because a goal without a plan is just a wish. You need to plan your work for today and every day and then WORK YOUR PLAN.
- There are dreamers and there are planners. The planners are the ones who make their dreams come true.
- If your plan doesn’t work, change the plan but never the goal. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver
Failing to plan is planning to fail. Alan Lakein
Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning and focused effort. Paul J. Meyer
A good plan implemented today is better than a perfect plan implemented tomorrow. George Patton
For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today. African Proverb
3 – Stop wasting time.
When you sit down to work for an hour, how much time do you actually spend working?
- After you subtract out the time you spend daydreaming, checking your phone, reading an email, using the restroom, getting a drink, staring out the window, and having a quick chat, you’re probably doing a lot less than an hour of work.
- This is why you need to be conscious of how you spend your time. If you waste even just 15 minutes a day that accumulates to almost 4 full days over the course of the year.
- Set a timer for an hour and decide to spend the entire time working. You’ll be stunned by how much more productive you are. I absolutely love working to a timer.
4 – Get help.
You don’t have to do it all alone.
Ask for help.
You can get a lot more accomplished with another set of hands.
Avoid being embarrassed to ask for assistance when you need it.
This is what smart people do!
- Be especially motivated to ask for help with things outside your area of expertise. You can save a ton of time this way and perform at a much higher level.
No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit. Andrew Carnegie
If you want to do a few small things right, do them yourself. If you want to do great things and make a big impact, learn to delegate. John C. Maxwell
I learned from an early age the need to delegate responsibility out to other team members as there is just too much for one person to do themselves. What is the point of hiring talented team members if you don’t give them the freedom to make the most of the chance you have given them? Richard Branson
Busy is not a good world, I think. It’s not a good excuse. Get it done, delegate it. Paul Orfalea
5 – Get an early start.
The most productive people tend to get up early and get busy early.
Consider getting out of bed earlier and accomplishing something worthwhile while the rest of the world is still asleep.
- The momentum this creates is hard to believe.
- It’s not easy to get out of bed earlier, but it’s a power tactic. Wake up before everyone else while your competition is still sleeping and get to work.
- For this you need to set a goal that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning. Every morning you have two choices – continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase your dreams. The choice is yours.
It is well to be up before daybreak for such habits contribute to health, wealth and wisdom. Aristotle
Wake up early every day so that while others are still dreaming, you can make your dreams come true. Hal Elrod
6 – Improve your ability to focus.
Staying on task is an important skill.
A lack of focus leads to wasting time.
You can only become good at focus if you practice.
Set a timer and focus 100% for 10 minutes.
Once you can do that consistently, shoot for 15 minutes.
See how much you can improve over time.
Where focus goes that’s where you energy will flow.
You need to starve your distractions and feed your focus.
You need to keep your mind focused on your desired outcome rather than your current life stresses.
Ignore the noise and focus on your work.
I don’t care how much power, brilliance or energy you have. If you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you’ve never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants. Zig Ziglar
You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks. Winston Churchill
Always remember your focus determines your reality. George Lucas
7 – Identify the most important tasks.
Here’s the thing: you can be working on “what you think is” the right thing but fail to make significant progress.
This is often because we work on the non-important, non-urgent tasks in our business rather than the thing that will really drive sales and increase your income.
You need to know that some of those tasks are much more effective than others!
Make sure to identify the tasks that are most important and spend your time on these most relevant tasks.
All in all, productivity is about using your time as wisely as possible.
This requires knowing your goals, creating a plan, and focus.
I suggest that you identify the most important tasks based on your goals and spend most of your time doing those things each day.
Anyone can be productive, but not everyone will be productive.
So what are you trying to accomplish today, tomorrow, this year and in this lifetime?
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. Walt Disney
Productivity is less about what you do with your time, and more about how you run your mind. Robin S. Sharma
Focus on being productive instead of busy. Tim Ferriss
There is a light at the end of the tunnel but the way out is through. David Allen
If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it!
Before you go…
- If you are wanting to create new great money babits, I have a great free habit tracker here for you.
- You can check out my list of favorite must-read money books here.
- If you want to know 365 excellent savings hacks check out THE SAVINGS HACKS BIBLE.
- THE LIFE HACKS BIBLE is for dream-chasers wanting 1001 tips to save you time, stress and money.
- Finally if you want to stay in touch feel free to join our MAMA LOVES MONEY TRIBE for your weekly dose of inspiration. The mere fact that you are here right now means you would be perfect fit!